Start a new topic
Answered

Not a lot going on it seems in the forum...

I'm thinking of getting the Erae Touch, but it feels like it's not getting a lot of attention and support and that worries me.

There is this general talk among users on other forums that it feels abandoned. Is there any way to know what the future holds in terms of support and updates? I'd personally like to know if the full MIDI 2.0 implementation is in the works and wether the hardware was built from the ground up to take full advantage of the new MIDI spec.

Thanks for any insights here!

Greg K.

Best Answer

Hello guys,

Sorry for not being active so much on here, but we decided to keep the forum for our lovely community and rely on tickets for all your questions (which we receive so many of every single day!).

I took an initiative to respond to this thread because I wanted to inform you all that we have not abandoned the Erae at all, but we have been on the low because we are working on an incredible upgrade that will hopefully be showcased around September this year. I really can't reveal more information than this, but trust me, it will be worth it. ;)

As for the current Touch we are in constant development of taking user surveys and feature requests to try and logistically assess all of your needs so that we can make sure you get what you all want.

We are invested in you, believe me.

Cheers,

Omar.

You know as much as we do, unfortunately. There have been zero updates about the Erae for like 8 months. They keep posting videos of artists using it on Instagram and that's about it. They might as well just kill the forum while they're at it, but I kinda like how they are building their reputation for all to see on their own public facing point of contact. They didn't even make an announcement about V1.3 launching on the forum, I only knew about it because of youtube. So I doubt they will publish a development roadmap any time soon, and I'm not sure if they are even developing it further. I hope they do, and if not, I'll just sell it and get a seaboard rise 2.

Thanks for the response. Kinda reminds me of a couple other companies that went that way and just abandoned their products. Sounds like the ET could turn into a very desirable and successful piece of gear if they could afford to keep refining it. I feel disappointed because it seemed like exactly what I've hoped to find. It would be ideal for me if they implemented all the MIDI 2.0 stuff. I'd bet increasing the resolution would make it feel more sensitive like the Linnstrument and Continuum!

I love my Seaboard RISE 1 so much! Never doubted that purchase, even though Roli went AWOL for a time.

1 person likes this
I'm definitely not trying to dissuade you from gambling on it. I personally like mine, but it's off my desk and boxed up at the moment lol. I haven't decided where it fits in my workflow. Who knows, maybe they will pop out of the woodwork and drop a big new update. My biggest concern about it, is that they are working on a completely different technology now. All relesed videos are of the erae in its current firmware, and I haven't seen any hints from them regarding any more support lol. I may consider the Rise 2 at some point. Right now I'm selling off most of my gear lol
Answer

Hello guys,

Sorry for not being active so much on here, but we decided to keep the forum for our lovely community and rely on tickets for all your questions (which we receive so many of every single day!).

I took an initiative to respond to this thread because I wanted to inform you all that we have not abandoned the Erae at all, but we have been on the low because we are working on an incredible upgrade that will hopefully be showcased around September this year. I really can't reveal more information than this, but trust me, it will be worth it. ;)

As for the current Touch we are in constant development of taking user surveys and feature requests to try and logistically assess all of your needs so that we can make sure you get what you all want.

We are invested in you, believe me.

Cheers,

Omar.

5 people like this

Hell yeah, Omar!

Thank you for the update, and I am looking forward to seeing how the development is going to progress in the future!

Ouuuuu yeah!!!!!

Thank you Omar. Cant wait for the upgrade.

All the best

Hello, any news about this incredible upgrade?  :-)

1 person likes this

Also wanting news about the upgrade? I'm wondering if it is software for Erae Touch, or different hardware altogether. 

1 person likes this

Wondering the same thing!

Login or Signup to post a comment