Start a new topic

MIDI Learn setting

I don't know if this is even possible, but if it is, maybe I'll add it to the Feature Request section.

I have a synthstrom Deluge which I plan to control with the Touch, and to do this I have to use Midi Learn which the Deluge does quite well. However, for each element I setup in Erar Lab (Note, Slider etc), I have to set a Channel, Root Note and Octave, and each has to be different for each knob etc on the Deluge, for example:

I add a note element on Erae Lab and change the channel to 16, I set the Root note to C and the Octave to 0. These settings can be anything. I then learn a control on my Deluge and press this note element on the Erae, the Erae now controls that function.

If I want to control another function I do the same again but use a different Root note or Octave to make the Note element 'unique'. I can keep doing this for each element but after a while it can get confusing, especially if I have to change something I created earlier.

So... I wondered if it would be possible to have a 'MIDI Learn' option in the 'Channel Select' dropdown so it automatically gave it a unique ID?

There are some elements that could control multiple controls at the same time, so if this happens maybe an extra set of unique ID's could be added to that element?

I'm not exactly sure how Midi leanr works so it might not be possible to do all the above, but it would be great if it could.

Hopefully you can understand what I'm talking about, if not maybe I can do a video and some screenshots.

Thanks
Jason

Login or Signup to post a comment