Start a new topic

Pressure sensitivity

Hi,

I would love to see pressure sensitivity to be added in the Erae Lab software. At the moment there is a Min. and Max. slider to adjust the range which pressure can affect. And pressure sensitivity could also be a slider with light touch to hard press or a dropdown with soft, middle and hard or similar. This would adjust how hard you would have to press down a note to get the maximum value.

I am asking for this feature, because I think it is hard to play notes without them instantly being at the maximum pressure level.

I don't know if this is possible with the hardware or if it is already at the lowest sensitivity and can't detect any harder presses. But if not, I would love to see that feature :)

Best

Ice

2 people like this idea

WIth the new 1.2 Lab/firmware the global sensitivity allows to adjust the overall sensitivity and pressure range: it is nice and work very well for most of the cells/objects.

But it doesn't solve the problem of sensitivity differences in some zones: if I set the global sensitivity to adapt for the worst ones  the pressure range is too small for the others, and of course if I increase the max they cannot reach the full range.

So, like Icedragonscale has said, and as some of us have requested months ago, could you add the same setting at the object level ?

Thanks !

3 people like this

Hi,

It is rather confusing to have set up a forum where users can ask questions and report problems while not answering them most of the time ...

What is happening to the EraeTouch team?

About what I am concerned and makes that I still cannot use it as expected, how are you going? 

Can we hope to have an update where we will be able to adjust the pressure sensitivity in the same way we can now do globally but for each object? Without the possibility to compensate for the uneven sensitivity of the board cells it remains totally useless.

Can we expect it in 1, 2, 3... months?

Thanks for answering!

Hello,

We take all of your comments into account and discuss them with the technical team. We are currently working a lot on making the surface of the ERAE touch more even, and we are trying to meet your needs. As for object sensitivity, it requires a huge amount of work as the being able to control the sensitivity of an object relies far away from the programming of the device and into a deep rooted 10 step procedure, that needs to be done. We hope you understand these features are incredibly advanced and we are trying our best to make them possible.

Thank you for your patience. We take time to respond to discuss everything with our technical team.

Omar.

2 people like this

Thank you very much Omar for your answer !

It the kind of one I was expecting, and of course if I am eager to have these improvements available the sooner, I totally understand the amount of work it may need among other requests.

I can certainly wait if I know that this issue will be adressed at some point, so it is very important for us to have some news from you from time to time ;-)

Hi,

Time is passing and since one year I have the ET it stays alas in its sleeve, waiting for the pressure issues to be solved or at least improved.

Your answer 3 months ago gave me a little hope, but I am more and more worried, and thinking to resell my ET to someone who will be satisfied with the current features.

Reminder:

- uneveness of the pressure values depending on the cells positions, the global sensitivity is nice but doesn't adress it unless it is available for ech object

- sliding fingers for continuous Pitch Bend inside and outside objects is totally unreliable (and the settings are not adapted)

- no Poly Aftertouch message (needed for some instruments and gestures)

Any info concerning thses developments will be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

yeah I would really like separate sensitivity control per preset instead of global

3 people like this

its tru tho press sensitity across the unit is a bit inconsistent so per cell settings would be ideal. 

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment